Seeing the Nurse and Health Care Assistants
Practice Nurses and HCAs can be seen by appointment during surgery hours. The Practice Nurses are also available to give advice and guidance over the telephone.
Please make an appointment to see one of our Practice Nurses if you need guidance on the following:
- New Patient Checks
- Blood Tests
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Family Planning and Contraception Advice
- Cervical Smears
- Ear Syringing (after a check by the doctor)
- Wound Dressings and Stitch Removal
- Asthma, Diabetes and Heart Disease Reviews Including Spirometry (Breathing Test) and ECG Testing
- Diet Advice and Weight Management
- Advice on Blood Cholesterol, Breast Examination, Exercise, Smoking and Alcohol.
- Childhood Immunisation
- Warfarin and Rheumatology Drug Monitoring
- Holiday/Travel Immunisation and Advice. Please plan 8 weeks before travel for maximum protection. Some vaccines are free but there are charges for some items such as malaria tablets. For more details go to the Travel Clinic section
- Yellow Fever Vaccination
For more information on the different clinics run by the nurses see Clinics and Services
The Broxton Integrated Community Care Team are available for patients who are housebound.
Page last updated: January 3, 2019