The Health Visitors are based in Frodsham and can be contacted on 01606 555 287
If you need any advice regarding ages 0-5 please contact them Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.
Baby Clinics are held at the practice on the 1st Thursday of the month 1pm-3pm for weighing, parenting and breast feeding advice.
Health Visitors are qualified nurses, with special training and experience in child health, and health promotion and education. The Health Visitors offer practical support and advice in many diverse situations such as:
- Child Health: Health Screening re vision, hearing and general development
- All aspects of parenting on a one to one basis and running ‘Baby Matters’ parenting courses for first time parents
- Infant feeding and nutrition, including Breastfeeding Support Group
- Safeguarding children, working with other agencies such as Social Care
- Supporting families with children with Special Needs
- Promoting Mental Health – screening and support during postnatal depression. Support and advice re all aspects of behaviour management in childhood. Support during difficult times such as family breakdown and bereavement.
- Domestic violence
- Give information on local support networks and working in collaboration with community groups such as Parent and Toddler groups, Preschool Groups and Nurseries and organisations such as the National Childbirth Trust and Le Leche League.
Page last updated: October 18, 2018