The Doctors, Nursing staff and Administration staff at this practice share a commitment to provide our patients with the best medical care and a high standard of service.
The Patients Charter has been produced to explain the standards of service that you are entitled to expect from us. In addition, it highlights your responsibility to the surgery team. You have an important role in the partnership of care that exists between us. If you accept your responsibilities as a patient, we can help you get the most from medical care and facilities that are available to you.
We have a policy of no discrimination.
What you can expect from us:
- Courtesy and respect for you, your cultural and racial background and your rights as an individual, especially your rights of privacy and confidentiality.
- Quality medical care provided by qualified individuals, both here at the surgery or at home, depending on your condition.
- A clear explanation of the treatment we propose to give you and an understanding response to any questions or concerns you may have.
- Access to your health records, subject to legal requirements.
- Information about the services and facilities available at this surgery.
What we ask of you:
- Be honest in your dealings with us; make sure we have everything we need to know in order to help you.
- Tell us if you change your name and address and remember to include your postcode.
- Make appointments that you know you can keep, and arrive on time. If for some unexpected reason you cannot attend, make sure you let us know as soon as possible.
- Ask for a home visit only if you are too ill to come to the surgery. If possible, telephone before 10.00 am.
- Treat us with the same courtesy and respect that you expect to receive.
- Be patient if we are running late; on another occasion it might be you who needs the extra time.
- Don’t ask for another member of the family to be seen at your appointment without making prior arrangements.
No matter how hard we try, problems do arise. If you are unhappy about any aspect of the service you receive from us, please let us know. We cannot improve our own standards unless we know there is a problem. If you have any comments or concerns about our services pleases talk to the Practice Manager. We will do everything we can to put things right.
If you are still dissatisfied, please visit our complaints page.
Abusive/Aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated
The doctors and staff at this surgery are here to help you and want to provide the best possible standard of care. Occasionally doctors and staff are faced with verbal abuse, threats and even physical violence. This type of behavior is unacceptable and we have a Zero Tolerance stance on this matter.
Unacceptable behavior is any behavior which you would not like yourself. It includes shouting, swearing, banging fists and threatened or actual violence. This kind of behavior upsets not only the practice staff but also other patients waiting to be seen.
We will not attend to anyone behaving in this way. We may ask them to leave the premises, we may also call the police. We record all violent and aggressive incidents.
Thank you for respecting our staff and patients.
Page last updated: June 2023