Patient Participation Group
How to get involved
All patients are eligible to join the PPG. We are actively looking for new members to join the group.
If you are interested in taking part in our group please contact the our Practice Manager, Mr Edward Rigby, on 01948 860205 or in writing to Malpas Surgery, Malpas, Cheshire SY14 8PS.
What is a Patient Participation Group (PPG)?
A PPG is a group of patients who work with their practice to provide practical support, to help patients to take more responsibility for their own health and to provide strategic input and advice. They are based on cooperation between the practice staff and patients. They help to improve communication.
What is the purpose of a PPG?
- To give practice staff and patients the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest in their Practice.
- To provide means for patients to make positive suggestions about the practice and
specific medical conditions as an ‘expert’ or experienced patient
- To encourage health education activities within the practice.
- To develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients, such as befriending,
help with transport, and bereavement support.
- To act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision
of health and social care
- To involve further patients from the wider population
Next PPG meeting: August 2023
- PPG Minutes November 2023
- PPG Minutes August 2023
- PPG Minutes February 2023
- PPG Minutes October 2022
- PPG Minutes June 2022
- PPG Minutes February 2022
Page last updated: July 2023