Patient Participation Group
How to get involved
All patients are eligible to join the PPG.
If you are interested in taking part in our group please contact the PPG Chair, Kate Reeves or our Practice Manager, Mrs Lynn Suckley, on 01948 860205 or in writing to Malpas Surgery, Malpas, Cheshire SY14 8PS.
We have a dedicated PPG noticeboard in the waiting room with further details of how to get involved.
What is a Patient Participation Group (PPG)?
A PPG is a group of patients who work with their practice to provide practical support, to help patients to take more responsibility for their own health and to provide strategic input and advice. They are based on cooperation between the practice staff and patients. They help to improve communication.
What is the purpose of a PPG?
- To give practice staff and patients the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest in their Practice.
- To provide means for patients to make positive suggestions about the practice and
specific medical conditions as an ‘expert’ or experienced patient
- To encourage health education activities within the practice.
- To develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients, such as befriending,
help with transport, and bereavement support.
- To act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision
of health and social care
- To involve further patients from the wider population
Next PPG meeting: Tuesday 24th March at 6pm
Downloadable minutes and survey results
For background information on our NHS and the PPG please click on the links below:
- Public Health presentation – CWaC
- Primary Care update January 2018
- North West Ambulance Service performance
- Minutes from meeting of local PPG Chairs – January 2018
- PPG Maturity Model
Literature produced for the public:
Page last updated: February 10, 2020